us You represent you.
Consider Joining Volt Ireland.
help guide the parties path.
As the war rages on, countless people and organisations have mobilised to keep the lights on over what’s happening in Ukraine.
We have condensed the learnings from the past weeks in order to give you an overview of what you can do and of what you should avoid.
This is your Europe!
Let’s unlock its potential
What we stand for
Governments should provide state-of -the-art public services for the benefit of their citizens and residents. This includes:
- digitalising public services to reduce waste and to improve efficiency and service quality,
- modernising education systems,
- making high-quality healthcare available to everyone,
- providing a fair and transparent legal system, effective law enforcement, and fighting corruption and tax evasion,
- guaranteeing digital rights and freedom,
- strongly supporting research.
European economies must be the engine of society’s progress and allow for a decent living standard for everyone. With this in mind we want to:
- aim for leadership in innovation,
- tackle unemployment by innovative working schemes, a European labour platform, and by easing the setting-up of small businesses,
- rebuild economically challenged areas
- push for a circular economy,
- foster a European Artificial Intelligence Initiative,
- introduce a Europe-wide corporate tax,
- create a unified European social and fiscal system.
Every person in Europe must be guaranteed equal rights and opportunities. To achieve this we want to introduce policies that
- stop inequalities and discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, descent, or skin colour,
- alleviate poverty and homelessness, e.g. by social housing, accessibility to social benefits, and free healthcare for everybody,
- guarantee free education to all, from pre-primary to higher and vocational education,
- emphasize a person’s right to their own body by Europe-wide harmonized rules concerning reproductive rights, sex-work, and ending life with dignity.
We want to establish policies in line with the Sustainable Development Goals in areas such as
- climate change,
- international fair trade,
- sustainable farming,
- food security,
- international development cooperation.
In the area of migration we advocate
- a new “burden-sharing” refugee system,
- removing existing legal barriers for labour migration,
- setting-up an international system to prevent and address refugee crises,
- putting an end to statelessness in Europe.
Europeans should be empowered to
- take informed political decisions,
- be able to influence politics beyond elections alone,
- exercise their democratic rights within vibrant, resilient and highly deliberative democracies.
- Our policies are based on best practices regarding the fostering of a pluralistic information and media landscape, tools & technologies for political engagement and empowerment, and ways in which democracies can be made to thrive.
- The European Union is our common project: we have managed to come together and build a Union that has ensured peace and prosperity for over sixty years.
- Yet, it has its shortcomings, which is why we want to reform and strengthen EU governance and institutions for
- a more democratic, more transparent and stronger Europe,
- a federal Europe.
- We propose concrete policies for more efficient EU action to promote and protect the interests of all European citizens.
Unite. Empower. Change.
Only a Europe that acts together can solve our shared challenges. We empower people to change the way politics is done in order and unlock Europe’s potential.
3. Social Equality
No-one should be left behind – no matter their gender, income, religion. or origin